About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group our mission is clear: ”To be the world’s most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people’s life less complicated”. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
We are looking for a senior legal counsel for the role as Senior Privacy Compliance and Ethics Officer (Privacy Compliance Officer) at Volvo Car Group (Volvo Cars). We are looking for a person who is passionate about responsible business conduct and who is truly interested in further developing Volvo Cars’ compliance program built on our solid corporate culture, our core values and with a strong focus on people.
Volvo Cars’ Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer (CCEO) leads the Corporate Compliance & Ethics Office and ensures that Volvo Cars has an effective compliance program covering the areas of anti-corruption, fair competition, privacy laws and export control regulations and thereby ensures that business is conducted in compliance with applicable rules and regulations. To further strengthen Volvo Cars efforts in the privacy area Volvo Cars has decided to appoint a dedicated Privacy Compliance Officer reporting to the CCEO, who will be responsible for Volvo Cars’ privacy compliance program ensuring Volvo Cars’ compliance with the GDPR and other privacy laws and regulations and for the continued improvement of all aspects of said program.
The Compliance Officer’s main tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assess and map global and local data privacy compliance risks
- Improve and implement relevant Data Privacy Policies, Directives, Guidelines and Procedures
- Define, implement and monitor relevant Data Privacy awareness and training (online and face to face) within Volvo Cars
- Support all Volvo Cars’ functions in understanding and proactively manage Data Privacy risks
- Assess compliance and report status to the CCEO and the Global Compliance Committee on a regular basis
- Work closely with the Data Protection Officer network and other key stakeholders within all Volvo Cars’ functions with a view to drive privacy matters strategically and define, implement and monitor a plan that covers all aspects of Data Privacy compliance (in particular with regards to the GDPR)
- Support business units and functions with regulatory expertise and authority contacts.
- Monitor regulatory changes and inform relevant stakeholders globally
- Support the Compliance Investigator in investigating alleged non-compliance privacy cases and monitor corrective actions plans
- Participate and/ or lead relevant Volvo Cars Privacy fora.
In addition to the above the Compliance Officer will support other areas of the Volvo Cars compliance program in accordance with the instructions provided by the CCEO from time to time.
The position is based in Gothenburg.
Qualifications and personal profile
You have a Master of Law and around 10 years of relevant work experience either as a lawyer/legal counsel or as a compliance professional officer focusing on Data Privacy matters. You are also highly experienced and knowledgeable in all areas required to fulfil the key responsibilities, in particular the GDPR. An international background and experience of working in a global organisation is a merit. Your written and spoken Swedish and English are fluent. You are a business minded and communicative person with a strong drive and excellent leadership skills. You are also equipped with high level of integrity and good judgement.
Are you interested?
For further information please contact recruitment consultant Erik Karlsson at HR Commitment at +46 8 650 58 00. Applications will be handled ongoing. Please, send your application with your CV, personal letter, transcripts and testimonials as soon as possible, but no later than 26th of March, marked ” Privacy Compliance and Ethics Officers Volvo Car Group” to email@example.com.